Caffè / Coffee / Kopi

 21/06/21

It still feels unreal. (What feels unreal? Haha.) Why is there a tendency for good things to feel unreal. Does this point towards me being a pessimist, not believing that things can ever go well? Anyways.

I think I may have a sleeping problem. Insomnia, I think. Well, its not like I wake up often in the middle of the night. But if I wake up and its like 6am, even if I have only gotten like 3 or 4 hours of sleep, I will be unable to go back to sleep. And I spend a long time trying to fall asleep. Sometimes it takes 1 to 2 hours, sometimes it seems fine. And oftentimes a severe restlessness before bedtimes, where my heart races and I feel incomplete, like theres something I need to do, a nervousness.

I think part of this has to do with bad sleep hygiene. I spent a fuckton of time lying on my bed, using my phone, wanking, etc. Also I don’t restrain myself from taking 1-2 hour naps at like 8 or 9 pm.

Ive been considering various ways to solve this issue. Because I want to be able to get 8 hours of sleep each night. This has been my goal since like, 2017 or 2018. Certainly something like benzodiazepines will be a miracle pill. But those are ridiculousely hard to get, I think. Less serious than that would be antihistamines. And before that I think I should give melatonin a try.

But for now, I think I will take a break from coffee. Starting yesterday, 20th June 2021, I will try to stop drinking coffee for at least a week, maybe a month. Hopefully this will help me to sleep better. But I guess if I need more chemical help I am not above purchasing illicit prescription pills off the black market.

And I love a good, iced latte. And a cappuccino. But at least I guess I’ll allow myself tea, even matcha and black tea.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faking it? (Not Referring to Myself)

The Curious Case of Queer

How the Hell did I allow myself to be dragged by the nose for three years?